Sunday, October 11, 2009

Hiatus

Forgive me dear blog coz i have sinned, I have not put up a post in like a gazillion years. I promise to address that. Well I have been partially around reading and commenting. I have finally gone bac to resume my primary assignment in a local high school and I teach Literature -in -English. Teaching, I have realized is not easy and in this case where the pupils are coerced into getting an education, It could be a nightmare. Piding English is the lingua franca here and they expect me to speak it to them in class. Hell no, I am not going down dat road with them. The kids sometimes laugh at and mimick the way I speak but I am not bugged. I'm learing to slow down when I speak sha! Asides from that, It's been alrite, I have realized that I can live without some things and that I should stop second-guessing myself. P.s: I think blogsville is changing, a lot of people are being swept away by the twitter tide. Chari and Buttercup have left. I'll miss them more than they know. I think the reason for the exodus is that blogging has fufilled it's purpose in their lives and its time to move on. I wish em all the best. I'll be back soon (hopefully) ciao.

6 comments:

  1. when you say primary assignment do you mean NYSC?i love that stuff.i hope i go back to do mine.
    anyway,goodluck and yeah dont go down that road with them,with a lottle perseverance and love they will humble down and learn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol. Dem try sef say dem dey understand Pidgin english. I served in the North. Those kids understood nothing but hausa. I thought Computer Science, and I do not understand a smattering of Hausa! ask me how I survived.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes o leggy, it's the almighty NYSC. Yes, i'm hoping they will come round coz i cant speak pidgin, I always have a kind of out-of-body experience like some one else is speaking thru me (lol) and people always have this sheepish grin on their face when i'm speaking. @Sugarking, the north? Ba turenchi? How d heck did u cope? I guess I should be thankful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sumptuos where went u? lol. u cld hit me up for some pidgin lessons, as a PH born and bred babe i'm very fluent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Neo, look who is talking! U were away for a bit too. That pidgin ehn, na die o! It just doesnt sound sexy coming from my mouth. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. So are you swept away too? Please update? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete